NEW ORLEANS, LA. - The Canadian Construction Association's (CCA) awards recognize the important contributions of individuals, organizations and projects that promote and enhance the Canadian construction industry, whether through innovation, projects, or dedication to the industry.
"These award recipients make me very proud of our industry and our contribution to the Canadian society," said Anibal Valente, CCA's 2015 chair. "It is delightful to hear about the innovative approaches and what some of the truly exceptional companies, individuals and associations do. I wholeheartedly encourage everybody to visit the CCA awards website and consider submitting a nomination in the fall."
The 2015 Canadian Construction Association award recipients are:
Awards of Excellence
- Person of the Year Award – Barry Brown, Maple Leaf Construction
- Excellence in Innovation Award – PCL
- Environmental Achievement Award – Maple Reinders Group of Companies
- International Business Award – EllisDon & PCL
- National Safety Award – Graham Group
- Partner Association Award – Vancouver Island Construction Association
- Community Leader Award – Patrick Waunch, Rambow Mechanical
- Gold Seal Association Award - Construction Association of Nova Scotia
Awards of Recognition
- General Contractor Award – Bob Hildenbrandt, Graham Group
- Trade Contractor Award – Stephen Coote, Group 92 Mechanical
- Civil Infrastructure Award – Terry Chalupa, Abalone Construction
- Manufacturers, Services and Suppliers Award – Robert Meunier, Maestro Technologies
More information, including videos from the awards ceremony and a list of past recipients, is available on the CCA website at awards.cca-acc.com. Visit www.dcnonl.com and www.joconl.com for more construction industry news and videos.