February 25, 2008
For Immediate Release
Reed Construction Data Partners with Merit Contractors Association
Leading construction information provider to deliver Canadian industry news and project information to key Alberta construction association.
Toronto, Ontario (January 17, 2008) — Reed Construction Data (RCD) and the Merit Contractors Association have announced the signing of an alliance agreement that will see the two organizations combining resources in various initiatives to support the growth in the Alberta construction market.
“Since 1911, RCD, through the Journal of Commerce has had a strong voice in Western Canada’s construction industry,” states Mark Casaletto, VP and General Manager of Reed Construction Data Canada. “We are excited to be working with a respected organization, a driving force behind the recent boom of construction in Alberta.” Casaletto added, “This partnership is important to both organizations because we share a clear vision of the future of the construction industry in Alberta.”
The agreement contains a number of opportunities designed to advance the growth and development of construction in Alberta. Merit members will receive discounted rates towards an array of Reed Construction Data products and services including: Journal of Commerce, Building Reports (Connect, KeyMail, KeyFax, and Keyline), RCD Interactive, CanaData Products, RS Means and Pre-Bid subscription service.
In Edmonton, Stephen Kushner, President of Merit stated, “Our recent partnership with Reed Constriction Data will benefit our members by providing access to timely and accurate construction industry news and project information. RCD and Merit are committed to the Alberta construction market, and the open shop contractors in Alberta.”
About Merit Contractors Association
Merit Contractors Association is a non-for-profit organization comprised of over 1,300 member firms, employing over 40,000 people in commercial, institutional and industrial construction sectors. The Association provides its members with the most comprehensive and cost-effective benefits plan in the Canadian construction industry. Representing the voice of open shop construction in Alberta, Merit Contractors Association focuses on the human resource needs of contractors, offering employee benefits, training, retirement programs, a recruitment website, and more.
About Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data, a division of Reed Business Information, is a leading North American provider of construction information through a diverse portfolio of innovative products and services. Reed offers its customers construction project leads, building product information, construction costs, market analytics and construction news through a suite of online and print references — all valuable resources for architects, engineers, contractors, manufacturers, distributors and other professionals in the construction industry.
Reed Business Information, a part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE:RUK and ENL), is North America’s largest business-to-business information provider, with more then 80 market-leading publications, 55 Websites and a range of leading business-to-business services.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)