September 10, 2012
Burns Lake hospital project shortlist
The B.C. government has shortlisted three qualified teams to participate in the Request for Proposals (RFP) phase of the competitive selection process to design and build a new hospital near Burns Lake.
The three shortlisted teams are: Bird DB Construction Inc., PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. and Stuart Olson Dominion with MCM.
Eleven design-build teams responded to the RFQ for the Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre Replacement project.
Northern Health expects to choose a preferred proponent and award a contract in spring 2013, with design-build activities starting immediately.
The project will cost up to $55 million.
The new building will be designed to achieve LEED Gold certification, and will optimize the use of wood in the interior and on the exterior, consistent with the Wood First Act.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Delta BC Prebid
$500,000,000 Tumbler Ridge BC Negotiated
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Negotiated
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)