October 1, 2012
Truck tips over
A Saskatoon man was ticketed last month for driving without due care and attention after a collision involving a concrete truck, a concrete barrier and a bobcat.
On Sept. 17, a concrete truck was traveling on McOrmond Drive and attempting to make a left turn, when the vehicle hit a concrete barricade and slid on its side into a bobcat being operated nearby.
Both the operator of the truck and the male operator of the bobcat weren't injured, but were checked by paramedics.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)