LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
October 29, 2012
Island Mall Upgrade
The 50-year-old Hillside Centre in Saanich is upsizing. The $45 million project started in May 2012 with the demolition of the Sears Auto Centre, and is expected to finish in spring 2014.
Work includes renovations to the busy food court and other areas and construction of 125,000 square feet of new space. EllisDon and Kinetic are the lead contractors.
Toronto-based MMC International Architects are working with B.C.-based CEI Architecture on the project.
Other contractors include Holdfast Metalworks Ltd., Campbell Construction Ltd., Silvester Glass (BC) Ltd., Flynn Canada Ltd., Torry and Sons Plumbing and Heating Ltd., Houle Electric Ltd., and Dryco Systems Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)