October 29, 2012
Construction Learning Forum wins an industry award
The Vancouver Regional Construction Association has been honoured for its inaugural Construction Learning Forum in Whistler, B.C.
The British Columbia chapter of the Canadian Society of Association Executives presented the ACE Award for the special event to the association during a luncheon last month. Forum attendees learned about industry trends, best practices and engaged in panel discussions, as well as took part in networking activities.
Another Construction Learning Forum is planned for May 31 - June 1, 2013 in Whistler.
Next year’s theme is Leadership in a Changing Market.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 544 projects with a total value of $1,665,691,502 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$100,000,000 Province of Alberta AB Prebid
$92,000,000 Vancouver BC Tenders
$60,000,000 Medicine Hat AB Tenders
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)